Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
The Mendix Expert Services team works across every industry to set our Customers and Partners up for success. Business Development Manager is essential to the growth of our Services business and plays a critical role in helping our Customers adopt the platform. The successful candidate will build and manage relationships with Customers and Sales counterparts within Northern Europe to deliver effective Services propositions and introduce initial Services delivery to Mendix’s Customers.
You will bring your proven Services Sales track-record with your deep experience gained from IT delivery to tailor, advise and shape engagements that combine platform enablement, project delivery and assurance.
Your success in this role will be underpinned by your credibility with senior IT stakeholders. You will put the needs and interests of the Customer first and establish a trust-based relationship with the business and IT communities; providing a clear line of sight between the Services engagements, successful platform adoption and business value.
You will be joining a rapidly growing business, where you will need to own, develop and grow a specific market segment working in close collaboration with the Mendix Account Executives and Customer Success teams.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary sales team and engage with Mendix Customers to understand their business objectives
- Articulate Expert Services to Customers and translate those into clear business value propositions with the Mendix Sales Team as part of a broader Mendix solution
- Set client and internal stakeholder expectations correctly with a focus on long-term success
- Work with Service Delivery Managers and Services Leadership to ensure successful project delivery aligned to proposed implementation plan
- Own Expert Services bookings quota in assigned territory
- Track all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Enable Account Executives, Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers in the Mendix Expert Services capabilities, offerings and downstream client value
- Contribute to the on-going evolution of the Expert Services offerings and collateral
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in IT consulting, Business Information Management or related industry fields
- Proven track record of selling services/solutions
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Self-starter mentality; able to own your business while also working well within the team
- Ability to rapidly establish trust at CxO / IT Management level - based on a good understanding of their needs and challenges
- Understanding of the way of working of GSIs and the general consultancy ecosystem
- Ability to create presentations and services sale proposals
- You are a fluent communicator in Dutch and English. Written communication skills include: formal documentation, commercial statements of work, white papers, case studies
- Willing and able to travel to client sites up to 50%
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Mendix which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employee is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.