We are The Selling App. The fast and easy way to sell or buy almost anything, from fashion to toys, sporting goods to electronics, jewelry to shoes. Launched in 2013, Mercari quickly became the #1 shopping app in Japan. Now we’re on a global mission to build a future where people everywhere feel empowered to sell the things they don’t use, a future where all useful things are used. And with a fast-growing user base in the U.S. of over 35 million downloads, we are on our way to doing just that.
We are aggressively growing our Backend team to develop leading-edge micro-services.
Recent Engineering Achievements:
- We built a data pipeline to analyze the status, weight, and cost of every item shipped on Mercari, and a machine learning model to suggest the best shipping options for sellers. This reduced shipping mistakes by over half.
- At Go Bold Days (internal hackathon), we created instant listings where you can list an item with full details by just taking one picture.
- We also built a price scanner where you can get an estimate of the item price by pointing your phone's camera to it.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Coding in Go and Python
- Work with/on microservices running on Kubernetes.
- Work with Product Managers and Designers for design and specification of our product.
- Collaborate with iOS and Android engineers to develop new features on our product.
- Collaborate with ML and Data Engineers to develop and bring to production new features on out product
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve backend software for our product.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Manage own project requirements, deadlines and qualities.
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to test and deliver the feature with high-quality and high-speed.
What You'll Need:
You are a software engineer with:
- 7+ years of Go, Java, Python or Scala experience
- Experience working on cloud infrastructures like GCP or AWS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience using a ticket management system, preferably Jira
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices
- Knowledge of container and orchestration tech like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with a variety of DBs (SQL and NoSQL)
Technologies We Use:
- Databases: GCP Spanner & SQL
- API: Go & PHP
- Big Data: Kibana, BigQuery
- Containers & Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Web Services & Hosting: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) & AWS
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Time when you need it - Unlimited vacation days
- Team outings and events
- Catered lunches
Who We Are We believe the world needs a place where people can exchange their loved goods. That’s why we built Mercari—to connect people who want to buy and sell things of emotional value through their mobile phones. Mercari has grown to become a leading community-powered marketplace that brings together millions of people every day.
Want to learn more about Mercari? Visit Mercari's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Product Designer - Studio XD
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Software Engineer (Scala)
Emma Inc., Nashville, TN
Platform Architect, Homes (San Francisco)
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States