Senior Software Engineer
Meredith, New York, NY USA
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
Meredith has an exciting opportunity for a talented Software Developer to join the team building the next-generation Digital Content Management platform. This platform provides a range of features including content creation, layouts, social, video, and UGC for our consumer experiences and is critical to the business. You will work closely with stakeholders in editorial, business, and product development to understand requirements, build prototypes, and deliver world-class products and features.
The applicant needs to be a highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person with a sharp mind who works well under pressure and thrives in an atmosphere of rapid and iterative design and development. You must be comfortable working collaboratively with stakeholders and have a strong desire and ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex interaction problems.
- Implement advanced editorial workflow and web-based image manipulation tools to provide users with best-in-class editorial user experience.
- Develop robust custom modules supporting must-have features such as Video, Social, and Affiliate integrations.
- Work with leading-edge CMS and micro-service technologies with an emphasis on WordPress.
- Participate in code reviews, brainstorming sessions and an Agile daily and weekly routine.
- Build assertion tests and custom processes as part of our continuous integration release/deployment process.
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and clear documentation for all services including screenshots and screencasts.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and editorial staff to define innovative ways to improve services and reduce costs.
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
- Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
- Passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuously improve our intellectual property, code pipeline, and processes in a performant and extensible fashion. Build out features to improve the editorial workflow in creating amazing content.
- Lead the design and technical solutions for complex and highly available services that meet our performance standards.
- Work closely with team members, product management, and internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and envision strong technical solutions.
- Take a leading role in system reviews, code reviews, training, and learning opportunities to further your career and mentor junior engineers.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
- 6+ years experience engineering complex web-based applications.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with frameworks like React, Angular or Vue is a plus.
- Experience with NodeJS, Lambda, and AWS.
- Expert level understanding of WordPress plugins and the WordPress Admin UI.
- Experience with object-oriented design and data modeling.
- Strong background building CMS-based, service-oriented integrations based on REST/JSON model.
- Solid experience working with source/version control systems such as Git and SVN.
- Understanding and experience working with the Gitflow model and Github.com Pull Requests.
- Strong communication, time management and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Experience with web application security considerations.
- Ability to translate vague requirements into user stories and technical tasks.
- Ability to estimate effort effectively and lead team through consistent estimation processes.
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. Through our national and local media groups, we are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of national and local advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
Want to learn more about Meredith? Visit Meredith's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one