Front End Web Developer
Meredith, Los Angeles, CA
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
Job TitleFront End Web Developer
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
70% Front End Web Development (HTML5, CSS, Responsive Design)
• Create functional website pages from designs with experience in developing cross-platform and cross-browser
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with product, back-end developers and web designers
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in small teams
20% Testing & Performance
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Constantly review and improve frontend performance
• Site optimization for SEO and page performance
10% Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent training/experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience with JS frameworks
• Responsive design techniques and practices
• Experience with source control such as Git preferred
• Experience with browser testing and debugging
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with PHP, Java
• In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, deployment)
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5
• Version control and issue tracking
• Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
% Travel Required (Approximate):na
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees#NMG#
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. Through our national and local media groups, we are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of national and local advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
Want to learn more about Meredith? Visit Meredith's website.
The global destination for luxury fashion