Sr. Director Product Marketing M&A
Merrill, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
The Director Product Marketing M&A is a subject matter expert for their segment and buying persona. The role is to develop compelling narratives that support premium market perception and ensure continued double-digit growth. The role will touch on every part of the organization and collaborate with Product, Service, Demand-Gen, Digital, Finance and Sales. This is a client facing role ideal for someone with strong inter-personal skills.
- Persona development and buyer insights: conduct quantitative and qualitative research into buying persona, buying journeys. Socialize with and communicate to business partners.
- Planning, reporting & analysis: develop go-to-market overview for assigned segment. Analyze success factors, wins and define overall business opportunity. Analyze value-chain.
- Messaging & positioning: develop market-centric positioning supported by impactful messaging for internal (sales, demand-gen, digital) and external audiences (media, analysts, clients).
- Pricing and packaging: analyze pricing performance; develop revenue and margin maximizing price points; package use cases appropriately to optimize profit.
- Product launches and release management: package-up sprint cycles into ad-hoc releases with semi-annual to annual global product launches.
- Competitive & Market Intelligence: inform organization of market events, competitive milestones and technology and regulatory dynamics that could affect business performance.
- Demand Generation: develop demand generation campaigns that bring together audience, value-proposition and channels.
- Thought-leadership: author of blogs, vlogs and other multimedia formats, speaker at conferences, presenter at webinars.
- Sales enablement: ensure Sales is successfully informed of and trained on product developments, market changes, tools and content.
- 7+ years M&A, corporate development expertise in assigned segment.
- B2B SaaS or subscription economy knowledge required.
- Proficient in Enterprise technology stack.
- Proven story-telling expertise in multiple formats: EXL, PPT, Prezi, others.
- Regular on the speaking circuit.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Global mindset.
- Exposure to go-to-market frameworks like Siriusdecision.
- Analyst / Crowdreview placement experience – Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave etc. / G2Crowd etc.
- MBA/JD preferred.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer - DevOps
Rapid7, El Segundo, CA
Sr. Product Manager
Drawbridge, San Mateo, CA
Product Manager, Hardware Integrations
Peloton, NY HQ
Security Researcher I
Rapid7, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eventbrite, Madrid, Spain
Product Marketing Manager - New York
Komodo Health, New York