Competitive and Market Intelligence Director
Merrill, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
We’re looking for a Competitive and Market Intelligence Director to expand our market position and differentiation in the market. This role will be responsible for gathering data on the competition and market trends, filter and analyze it and communicate key findings to stakeholders. This role will be guided by executive requirements as well as Sales, Product and Marketing needs. Experience with SaaS products, collaboration offerings and the Financial and professional services space are a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Reporting to the VP Product Marketing .
- Analyze industry trends, competitive information and other market information and provide timely unbiased and contextualized intelligence.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems for external information gathering, timely analysis and efficient communications.
- Create / maintain battle cards, field talking points, messaging documents, solutions strategy, and other relevant documents for internal use.
- Conduct workshops with internal customers to facilitate knowledge transfer, tactical prioritization and effectiveness reviews.
- Conduct win/loss analysis directly with clients, prospects and non-clients.
- Track and measure competitive environment, market sentiment and preference.
- Work with functional groups on business strategies, positioning of new offerings, gap analysis and corrective plans for existing offerings.
- Single point of contact for executive team on market intelligence.
- Contribute to market sizing and opportunity definition.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of competitive intelligence experience.
- SaaS or subscription economy background in Fintech or software collaboration sector.
- Ability to deep dive into feature comparison, balance-sheet analysis, macro trends contextualization and ecosystem overview.
- Aptitude at translating technical features into business value to achieve differentiation.
- Experience with CI methodologies like ADL, 5-forces, journey maps and value chain analysis, blue-ocean strategy.
- Self-starter equally at ease working with engineers, sellers and executives alike.
- Good communicator (written, oral) good analytically (min. excel, salesforce.com).
- MBA or similar post-graduate qualification preferred.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Community Lead, Marketing & Hospitality
Flatiron School, San Francisco
Consumer Insights Manager
Harry’s, London, UK
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Content
AppZen, San Jose, California
Product Marketing Manager
Archrival, Archrival - Lincoln
AUS New Market Launcher