Digital Finishing Operator
Merrill, Grove City, OH (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Sets up and operates multiple pieces of bindery equipment to produce a finished product according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sets up machine:
- Reviews job ticket for specifications.
- Sets up equipment to meet job specifications.
2. Maintains equipment:
- Performs minor maintenance on a daily basis including oil, grease, filter, and general cleaning.
- Assists in performing preventive maintenance of equipment as directed.
3. Operates equipment:
- Monitors quality of product being produced with limited waste.
- Skids or cartons finished job as required with accurate counts.
4. Completes paperwork for department:
- Maintains paperwork including log books, change orders, job tickets, load tags, maintenance logs.
5. Completes system work for department:
- Scans completed routings upon completion
- Systematically receives product into inventory
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to set-up and operate multiple pieces of bindery equipment:
- UV Coater, Perfect Binder, Score/Creasemaster, Folder, Cutter, Wire-O, Punch, KAS Collator, Booklet Maker.
- Read work orders and follow instructions accurately
- Ability to do basic math calculations
- Communicate clearly both verbally and written
- Moderate computer experience/knowledge
- Basic mechanical skills
- Meet and exceed set quality standards
- Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum 2-5 years experience
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.