Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
The Senior Cloud Engineer role will design, install, test and maintain Cloud Foundry and related infrastructure. The Senior Cloud Engineer will provide technical proficiency to complete projects and tasks efficiently for Merrill’s Cloud Services team. This role will work with peer groups and vendors to coordinate projects and tasks.
Who You Are
You are passionate technologist who enjoys learning new technologies, and getting your hands on something new. You’ve spent years honing your knowledge and skills in server and cloud compute technologies. People notice and commend you on your Customer Service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs compute solutions derived from architecture standards and design template
• Performs advanced configuration of servers
• Performs advanced troubleshooting of server systems
• Can train junior staff
• Monitors server systems and assists in performing corrective action.
• Performs well with direction and input
• Linux experience with emphasis on scripting and automation
• Must have experience in setting up/maintaining RedHat environmentQualifications:
• Experience with Server Configuration Management/Deploy Automation tools (Puppet and Jenkins)
• 1-2 years hands on experience deploying IaaS and/or PaaS in Microsoft Azure is preferred
• 3-5 years professional IT experience with compute technologies
• Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban process
• Working knowledge of security practices and tools (CIS hardening, best practices)
• Some experience in Capacity Planning, Performance, Monitoring/Management and Server/Cloud compute Design Architecture.
• Good communications skills and customer service attitude.
• Organization and analysis skills, problem solving ability.
• Able to communicate effectively with peer groups.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience is required
• Microsoft or RedHat certifications preferred
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Services Applications Engineer
C3, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, New York, NY, Redwood City, CA, Washington, DC
Senior DevOps Engineer
General Assembly, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior Security Engineer - Endpoint Solutions
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
QA / Validation Engineer
Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Java/Kafka)