Merrill, New York, NY (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Corporation is looking for an experienced and high-energy communicator to develop and execute internal and external communications programs in support of the firm’s strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for the planning and production of communications, thought leadership and customer engagement programs in order to enhance Merrill’s brand in the marketplace, build engagement with customers and ignite passion and a sense of team amongst our employees. As a senior member of a dynamic, nimble marketing team, you will report directly to the VP of Communications and play a crucial role in developing and bringing to market a compelling corporate message across all communication channels, including web, social media, mobile, direct mail and events.
We'll trust you to handle:
- Media Relations: You’ll proactively promote and raise the profile of the firm via a targeted media relations program (broadcast, print and online), including writing materials such as media pitches, bylined articles, press releases, etc as necessary
- External Communications: You’ll develop and execute a strategic communications program to bring the company’s vision and value proposition to market, enhancing brand positioning and brand awareness and ensuring all external communications follow brand guidelines
- Internal Communications: You’ll partner with teams across Marketing, Product, Sales, HR, Finance, Facilities to effectively communicate key messages to our global employee base, keeping them informed and engaged every step of the way and instilling a sense of team across the firm
- Event Messaging: You’ll partner with our events team to drive consistent messaging across our client events, including event-related blogs, presentations, social media presence and post-event messaging to customers
- Executive Communications: You’ll embrace the voice of Merrill’s management as you partner with senior stakeholders to write, edit and distribute compelling messages on their behalf, including speeches and presentations for industry conferences, by-line articles, thought leadership, blogs, etc. as necessary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a strategic communications program to bring the company’s vision and value proposition to market, enhancing brand positioning and brand awareness
- Write press releases for new product launches, partnerships, organizational changes
- Develop communications materials for senior executive presentations at industry events including PowerPoint presentations, panel discussions and speeches
- Write articles, blog posts, social media posts, by-lines and thought leadership papers in support of strategic marketing programs and events
- Manage the Awards Program, ensuring we are participating in key industry awards which will elevate brand awareness in the market
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on messaging and brand guidelines, ensuring global consistency and approach in all external communications assets
- Develop and execute a strategic communications program to drive employee awareness and engagement, with a view to engage the employee base in new, innovative ways
- Deliver quarterly Global Town Halls for the CEO and his leadership team, including content development, event execution and follow-up
- Maintain the company intranet, using it as a tool to disseminate new and pertinent information to our global employee base
- Partner with our Sales, Product, HR, Marketing and Finance teams to create compelling Monthly Newsletters for consumption by our global employee base
- Deliver quarterly Global Marketing Town Halls, including content development, event execution and follow-up
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- You can think big picture and strategy
- But you also love to execute and get your hands dirty
- You have eagle-eye attention to detail, are proactive and energetic
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love to get involved in different projects
- You can manage multiple projects and deliver high quality results independently
- When delivering world-class communications, you do it with pizzazz, a sense of urgency and a smile
- Undergraduate degree in communications or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in communications, with substantial coverage of financial markets
- Exceptional writing, research, editing and proofreading skills – a true story teller
- Strong portfolio of editorial content across a range financial topics
- Deep knowledge of PowerPoint and using the tool to “tell the story”
- Exceptional skill in self-managing and in maintaining ownership over several projects at once
- Ability to meet tight turnarounds and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.