Application Support Engineer
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Application Support offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge cloud technologies in a fast-paced global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry’s best people focused on collaboration, innovation and improving our products and ourselves. We offer flexible hours, autonomy, a great work environment and training to build your skills and career.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will represent the Product team to triage and solve issues for our clients and our services organization. We do this both through investigation and troubleshooting of live issues, as well as developing solutions in the form of internal tools to speed up the service and engineering team. Application Support is seen as a team of creative, innovative problem solvers who drive solutions and improvements in the product for our customers.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex product and configuration issues.
- Triage, clarify, prioritize and document client issues, workarounds and solutions. Be the point of contact for the R&D and Product Management for all Client Issues.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between team members, internal departments and clients.
- Work within the Application Support Development team in an Agile Methodology to automate or create solutions for use by internal teams.
- Represent Application Support in product sprints, client escalations and interactions with IT.
- Mentor and train new team members.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
We are looking for a combination of these Technical Abilities:
- Experience with Java, C#, among other modern languages
- SQL and DBA Systems Experience
- Operations or Systems Administration Skills
- Cloud Computing Experience (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- SaaS Networking Experience
- Big Data and Data Analytic tools and design
The person we are looking for has:
- Natural problem solving skills
- A technical aptitude and hunger to learn
- The Desire and Ability to be an Advocate of the Client
- Superior writing skills for capturing knowledge, documenting bugs and creating stories
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- A commitment to being a team player in a global support environment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, IT, or equivalent. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in the place of the Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years professional experience in a software or IT environment.
Key Success Factors:
Our most successful people have these attributes:
- Champions of Technical ideas
- Not afraid to take ownership of areas of a production software application
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task, effectively “switch gears” and manage multiple issues, actions, and time-critical tasks
- Have a passion for learning & exploring exciting new technologies
- Exceptional diagnostic ability and are skilled in learning and using industry standard tools and techniques
- Are strong trainers and coaches
Bonus Points for experience with:
- Mongo databases
- Spring Framework
- Jenkins CICD
- Jira, Splunk, BigIP, Adobe LifeCycle,
- Problem management, incident management and root cause analysis techniques
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.