Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry’s best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they’re part of an industry global leader.
As an integral team member of the Controller’s Group, perform accounting and administrative functions to ensure the accuracy of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results, reports and presentations. Accounting functions require team members to perform a variety of monthly close tasks and must have ability to apply business knowledge to record transactions and maintain account reconciliations. Administrative functions require team members to perform confidential administrative duties for the Controller as needed. Qualified candidates will have strong analytical skills as well as strong communications skills, a customer service focus and must embrace change and process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting functions during the financial statement close
- Responsible for Project Accounting close and uploads
- Responsible for the preparation of journal entries during the close
- Bad Debt and sales credit reserves
- Project accounting timing and intercompany adjustments
- Accrued payables – Marketing, HR, Telecom, and other miscellaneous accruals
- Account reclassifications
- Corporate credit card accruals
- Responsible for the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for the accounts payable fluctuation analysis
Administrative functions for Controller upon completion of the financial statement close
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint reports and decks for all external financial reporting to the BOD, lenders, shareholders and executive management
- Perform standard, advanced and confidential administrative duties with minimal guidance and oversight and assuming accountability for completing responsibilities on time with high quality standards
- Process expense reports
- Faxing, filing, phone coverage, copying, scanning, etc., as needed
- Compile and distribute monthly departmental reports
- Compose and prepare correspondence and memos
- Coordinate travel arrangements and team building events
Regular and ongoing Ad-Hoc functions
- Schedule meetings and conference calls and maintain constantly changing calendars, prioritizing items on a daily basis and ensuring that the appropriate information is made available for meetings
- Create, maintain, and apply expenses against purchase orders
- Load quarterly review and external audit support documentation onto Merrill DataSite
- Handle and respond to departmental inquiries and redirect them to the appropriate company representatives for resolution
- BlackLine Administrator
- Expert level knowledge in all Microsoft applications, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to adapt to change and identify process improvements
- High level of integrity and trust
- Dedication to needs of the total organization
- Self motivating
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3+ years administrative and/or accounting experience
- Previous Oracle experience a plus
- Ability to anticipate needs and effectively prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment with constant changes
- Resourcefulness in gathering data and getting answers to questions
- Ability to work on projects requiring considerable judgment, initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to utilize discretion and exhibit a high level of service and professionalism, while interfacing with internal and external individuals and/or groups and constituencies
- Proficient in normal support tasks, including: calendar management and meeting and travel coordination
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
EnerNOC, US - Boston, MA
Senior EMEA Product and Privacy Counsel
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Counsel, Corporate
LimeBike, San Francisco/Redwood City
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Senior Revenue Accountant
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Hortonworks, New York, NY