Senior Server Engineer /Cloud Engineer
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Sr. Server Engineer – (Microsoft)
The Senior Server Engineer role will design, install, test and maintain Windows Servers on VMWare ESX servers, and Azure Cloud services and infrastructure. The Senior Server Engineer will provide technical proficiency to complete projects and tasks efficiently for Merrill’s Server Infrastructure team. This role will work with peer groups and vendors to coordinate projects and tasks. This role will participate in the on-call rotation. You are passionate technologist who enjoys learning new technologies, and getting your hands on something new. You’ve spent years honing your knowledge and skills in server and cloud compute technologies and are ready to pass that experience on to others. People notice and commend you on your Customer Service skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Designs compute solutions derived from architecture standards and design template
Performs advanced configuration and support of servers
Monitors server platform and assists in performing corrective action.
Performs well with limited direction and input
· 5+ years professional IT experience with Windows server technologies
· 3+ years of experience in VMware environments.
· Experience with Microsoft Azure Infrastructure, platform and software services
· Experience with PowerShell automation scripting (or other equivalent languages)
· Microsoft Windows Server or equivalent certifications
· Working knowledge of security practices and tools (CIS hardening, best practices)
· Experience in Server Monitoring/Management. Experience with SCOM/SCCM/Splunk a plus.
· Experience in Capacity Planning, Performance, Monitoring/Management and Server/Cloud compute Design Architecture.
· Ability and willingness to participate in a rotating on-call rotate providing 24/7 coverage
· Good communications skills and customer service attitude.
· Organization and analysis skills, problem solving ability.
· Able to communicate effectively with peer groups.
Experience working in an Agile environment
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience is required
Microsoft and RedHat certifications preferred
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Senior Software Engineer
App Annie, Beijing
Ausbildung zum Fachinformatiker für Anwendungsentwicklung (m/w)
Software Engineer, iOS
LimeBike, San Francisco Bay Area
Formlabs, Somerville, MA