Advertising & Events Marketing Manager, EMEA
Merrill, London (GBR)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Reporting into the Marketing Director for EMEA, this hands-on role is a mix of Campaign Management, Conference Production and Event Logistics Management. The successful candidate will have full responsibility of the end to end production and management Merrill Corporation Third Party Sponsored Events, Corporate Entertainment Events and Thought Leadership Events and Webinars. Working with the Senior Director of Marketing and the Events Team, you will devise the overall event plan across different Merrill Service Lines, including the right mix of industry-led events, corporate hospitality events, internal events, thought leadership and industry networking events. You will be responsible for managing events, take ownership of all of the event lead generation, uploads to CRM systems, tracking and ensuring leads are passed through to relevant parties. You will also report and analyse all event activity and provide actionable recommendations to improving the event management process. This position is responsible for ensuring a high level of return on investment and maximum attendance and engagement levels from clients and will be measured against related key KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, and webinars to promote the image of a product or a service
- Liaises with internal and external clients to discuss events to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various advertising channels and media;
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired event image in an effective and economical way
- Liaises with event partners and internal legal teams to ensure contracts meet requirements and budget
- Implementing event advertising strategies across email, social media, website and direct mail
- Research event from venues to speakers to topics to target audience and accounts
- Manage event marketing and advertsing budgets
- Proactive manage internal stakeholders with regard to event schedules and activities
- Continually research the market for new, relevant and interesting events (across all event types) and provide updates and analysis on opportunities to attend, sponsor or create events
- Advise on branding and design factors to the graphic design team. Co-ordinate the production of all effective marketing literature, onsite presentations, demonstrations, exhibition stand design, and other event collaterals
- Utilise digital and other advertising channels to enhance and promote brand awareness, and build out the event value
- Produce a detailed post-event analysis on the value and effectiveness of the event
- Creative thinker
- Flexible and able to work both strategically and operationally
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self motivated, hands on marketing professional
- Understanding or ability to rapidly aquire an understanding of financial market transactions and our clients needs.
- Strong multi-tasking abiility
- Team player
- Organised and can work well under pressure
- Confident in liasing with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
- Flexible with working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Highly proficient in core Microsoft Office packages – Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access
- BA Marketing or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems desirable
- Experience with Eloqua or similar marketing automation systems desirable
- Experience working within a marketing team in a corporate environment
- Previous experience successfully managing events from planning through to execution and post event analysis
- Min 10 years experience in Event Marketing and Advertising and Conference Production desirable.
Job posting date 7 December 2018, closing date for applications: 10 January 2019
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Starcity, San Francisco, California
Director of Marketing (Remote)
Circonus, Fulton, MD
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson - Jersey City/Hoboken
Zumper, Jersey City/Hoboken, NJ
China Performance Marketing Specialist-App install
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Real Estate Investment Analyst / Associate
StepStone, San Francisco