Senior Analyst - Financial Reporting
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Provide high level technical/financial analysis, which supports GAAP compliance and external reporting for a variety of high profile stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of external financial reporting and all supporting documentation for quarterly and annual SEC quality reports and all financial presentations to Board of Directors, lenders and executive management.
- Participate in the preparation, reporting and analysis for technical accounting areas including restructuring activities, accounts receivable reserves, accrued compensation and benefits, stock-based compensation and contingent reserves.
- Assist in researching the accounting implications of complex and/or new transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP and assist in drafting technical white papers to present conclusions to finance management and external auditors.
- Serve as Hyperion Super User and BlackLine administrator for the Finance organization.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate data collection process with business units and corporate functions including FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Legal, HR and Shared Services.
- Prepare statement of cash flows including the effect of foreign currency exchange rate changes.
- Provide detailed financial statement account analysis (e.g., balance sheet fluctuation) for management and external auditors.
- Act as liaison with Financial Systems to enhance efficiency of financial reporting processes.
- Assist in drafting the annual 401(k) benefit plan financial statements.
- Assist in research, development and implementation of corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Support annual valuation analyses and other periodic or ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Strategic Planner
Executive Assistant, CFO
Casper, New York
Senior Financial Analyst
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena
Lead Principal Trading Specialist
The Trade Desk, Detroit, MI
Director, Sales Operations
Omada Health, San Francisco HQ
Senior Analyst - Information Governance - Global Privacy Office
Visa, Foster City CA, US