Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
As an integral team member of the Controller’s Group-Shared Services Team, perform accounting functions to ensure the accuracy of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Accountants perform a variety of tasks and must have ability to apply business knowledge to record transactions and maintain account reconciliations. Qualified candidates will have strong analytical skills as well as strong communications skills, a customer service focus and must embrace change and process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain global standard practices, procedures and oversight in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for cash and debt transactions, payroll, fixed assets, rent and lease accounting
- Prepare journal entries, account analysis, adjustments, roll-forwards, support and reconciliations according to monthly close schedules
- Develop and implement shared services benchmark reporting for distribution to top management
- Provide support for recurring and ad-hoc requests from management and business leaders
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts
- Reconciliation items are properly documented, resolved in a timely manner and adjustments are prepared
- Prepare fluctuation analysis for balance sheet accounts as assigned for periods required
- Update process documentation for accounting processes as required
- Ensure compliance with all company accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare audit schedules for independent auditors including the support documentation, as requested
- Provide global oversight for Oracle Cash Management System
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to apply to work product
- Oracle R12 experience preferred; ERP experience a plus
- Microsoft Office experience being proficient in Excel
- Hyperion Essbase and SmartView Reporting experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to collaborate with other team members subject matter experts.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and identify process improvements
- High level of integrity and trust
- Dedication to needs of the total organization
- Self motivating
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 year degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate critical deadlines a must
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Total Rewards Manager
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Finance Governance and Compliance Manager
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Datto, Sydney, AUS
Senior Attorney, Revenue Transactions
Vox Media, New York, Washington DC
Corporate Development Associate
Squarespace, New York, NY