HR Manager / Business Partner - EMEA & APAC
Merrill, London (GBR)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
HR (EMEA and APAC)
- Ensure customer-focused HR service delivery excellence across the entire employee lifecycle, applying exceptional process and project management to enable effective and cost-efficient HR service delivery
- Project manages key HR initiatives related to (but not limited to) Performance Management, Employee Benefits, Talent and Development, Systems and Processes, Employee Relations and Change Management initiatives.
- Manage, deliver and constantly seek to Improve internal HR Administration processes and ensure compliance of all record keeping
- Mentor the Office Co-ordinator
- Responsible for working with business leaders to develop and deliver resourcing plans including full Recruitment and onboarding cycle.
- Prepare employee correspondence relating to changes in employment terms, pay, reporting lines, job, benefits etc. ensuring the necessary approvals are documented.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate provision of HR Information to support the payroll processes
- Responsible for the full management of employee benefits
- Ensures the HR databases are efficiently managed and accurate at all times
- Act as the first point of contact for general HR queries
- Travels to offices, sites, and/or meetings throughout assigned geography.
- Provides guidance and act as facilitator to situations where conflict may arise among employees or between employees and management.
- Develops and Delivers training including Induction, EEO, Sexual Harassment, Respectful Workplace, etc.
- Responsible for upskilling Managers - Creates and delivers training to managers on a wide range of HR related topics
- Monitors compliance with all employment related policies and practices to ensure consistency in administration of policies and practices among employees and managers.
- Management of employee relations matters, escalating complex or sensitive matters to the HRD when required.
- Management of visa and expat processes
- Management of outsource providers including pre-employment checking and recruitment agencies.
- Prepares and analyses reports for assigned customer groups
- Writes & implement policies and procedures.
- Develops employee and management communications as necessary.
- Assists leaders in aligning behaviors with the core philosophies and company values.
- Provides specialist advice on a range of HR topics.
Employee Environment (EMEA only)
- Daily building maintenance and operational activities to ensure Merrill is able to provide a 24x7x365 service to its customer, in addition to availability to deal with any emergency issues.
- Responsible for ongoing management and monitoring of existing contracts; such as building maintenance, staff kitchen supplies, utilities, hygiene, cleaning storage, plants and office supplies (e.g. stationary) ensuring cost effective and timely replenishing of supplies. First line approval for assessment of requests for all required storage and office supplies.
- Support Sales in the preparation of information for client bids and RFPs.
- First line of contact with Facilities/IT suppliers, including management of the photocopiers and mobile phones, using IT as the technical business partner.
- Manage the selection, acquisition and installation of furniture and non-IT equipment, with due consideration of ergonomic best practice.
- Perform regular fixed asset reviews with finance to assess for impairment/existence – report findings through to Finance who maintain the fixed asset register.
- Supervise the process of internal and external post and the courier booking system.
- Reporting and analysis on key initiatives and progress against them for communication with key business stakeholders.
- Service levels, targets (KPI’s) are achieved each month by department
- Maintain acceptable provision of a quality service.
- Minimal/no disruption to business unit operations attributable to facilities management.
Health & Safety (EMEA only)
- Develop and implement health & safety best practices in alignment with current legislation and approved codes of practice and guidance.
- Work proactively with managers to establish and maintain safe systems of work and encourage a safe working environment
- Working with the office co-ordinator, conduct Health & Safety risk assessments where required.
- Develop and deliver awareness training sessions and ensure first aid and fire warden training is delivered on a regular basis.
- Maintain appropriate quota of First Aiders and Fire Wardens across all shifts.
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health & Safety policies and develop and implement new policies and procedures documents as required.
- Ensure safety standards and appropriate annual safety audits are maintained
- Investigate and assist in the investigation of circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent recurrence.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Development and management of the EMEA CSR Policy and communication and review of same
- Establish and maintain a local CSR committee to deliver the aims and activities set out withim the CSR plan.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Andela, Nairobi, Kenya
Talent Acquisition Intern - English Speaker
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Product Manager, Ops Education
MongoDB, New York City
People Partner, Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Diversity & Inclusion Program/EEO Compliance Specialist
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.