Sales Development Representative (SDR) - Inside Sales
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Named to “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine, 2017.
Are you looking to join an award winning, growth-mode technology company who will help to train, coach and develop your future in sales? If so, Merrill Corporation is the place to join in the Twin Cities! As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you play an integral role in our sales process by prospecting and qualifying prospective customers to setting appointments with decision makers who are ready to speak with our outside sales partners. This effort of creating meaningful interactions, will help to increase the odds of the company closing future business.
Now is the most exciting time in Merrill’s 50+ year history with an industry dominating M&A SaaS platform for Virtual Data Rooms, world class Customer Service, and a sales team that made the Selling Power 50 Best Companies to Sell For ranking in 2017! Your role is responsible for setting sales meetings, creating customer opportunities and overall sales lead generation efforts. This position is the first step for an exciting, future sales career within our organization. We are looking for motivated sales-minded individuals career advancement opportunities.
SDR Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve daily contact goals and monthly Qualified Sales Opportunity (QSO) and Qualified Sales Meeting (QSM) goals
- Collaborate effectively with ‘internal end client’ - field sales representatives
- Deliver key promotional messages to a sophisticated target audience, primarily through telephone contact in addition to emails
- Manage large pipelines of prospective leads and contacts, and report on pipeline progress in review meetings with management
- Maintain accurate records of all call activity in CRM system, Salesforce, and report call information, sales leads and customer profiles correctly and accurately in a timely manner
- Work closely with the wider Sales & Service teams, and Product development to develop a better understanding of our target markets’ needs, as well as key competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a high level of market, industry and role knowledge to enable peer-to-peer conversations and understand customer needs and requirements
- Build rapport and relationships with internal and external customers through prompt, courteous, efficient and professional service
- Strong initiative and excellent organizational skills.
- A flexible team player
- Able to prioritize and manage workload
- Ambitious, desire to learn and grow and pursue a sales career
- Professional at all times with a high level of integrity
- Flexibility regarding working hours to meet business needs
- Target driven and goals based
- Excellent time management skills, able to handle multiple priorities and achieve set targets
- Professional and credible communication style - key focus on telephone communications
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and previous CRM experience (Salesforce) highly desirable
- High levels of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and departments to deliver on our objectives
- Ability to critically think & learn how to actively listen to customers’ needs
- Not afraid to objection handle
- Basic telephone skills; with ability to learn more advanced skill-sets over time
- Four-year college degree desirable, but not essential
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in sales or within an inside sales or sales development function (1-3 years of inside sales experience preferred)
- Experience interacting with consumers or business contacts in a professional setting
- Demonstrated experience of meeting and exceeding goals
Location and Travel
- This is an in-office position. The corporate office is located in St. Paul, MN, near Energy Park Drive and Snelling Avenue.
- Travel may be required on an infrequent basis – approximately 5%
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Manager - UK region
Lightspeed, London, UK
Enterprise Account Executive - France
InVisionApp, Remote/Virtual (based in UK, Netherlands or Ireland)
Regional Sales Executive - Thailand
Customer Service Agent - Webcare specialist (Part-time)
Bloomon, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Account Executive - Tokyo