Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a UX Designer to work closely with Product and Engineering team members as part of a new London-based Product team. We want someone who is seeking the opportunity to have a big impact and who relishes the challenge of working in a fast-paced global company in the Financial sector utilising Design Thinking and Agile Delivery.
The right candidate will know how to build empathy within an industry they may not be familiar with, understand and define client objectives, generate breakthrough ideas, prototype quickly to enable testing and short-cycle innovation. More than that, they will also be ready for the challenge of developing a deep understanding about our industry – understanding why things happen the way they do, to enable true innovation. No two deals are the same, so our products will need to be versatile and intuitive and provide insight for the professionals who use them, empowering them to make better informed decisions and recommendations.
You will be in an environment that fosters cross-functional collaboration as well as working with all roles of the scrum team (Product Manager, Software Engineer, UX, QA, etc.) and will need to bring a strong understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies. We follow the squad model made famous by Spotify, so you'll be part of an autonomous team with full responsibility for your own area and an opportunity to look to implement change across the board, while collaborating with colleagues in the US to ensure fast and consistent delivery.
This role will offer an opportunity to innovate in a highly complex space. You’ll be challenged intellectually and professionally, and it will suit someone with a lot of curiosity and a passion for great design.
What are we building?
Merrill is building a new platform to provide powerful and innovative solutions to enable our clients to manage the most complex deals on the planet as efficiently as possible.
We want to be the easiest, fastest and most intuitive way to progress deals to a successful outcome – enabling the bankers, lawyers and professionals we work alongside to focus on doing what they do best for their clients.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience in user-centered digital product design environments
- A solid grasp of graphic design, visual communications, web design, or design strategy
- Experience with Design Language Systems / visual language
- Excellent visual design skills including layout, typography, and colours
- Experience in Mobile (iOS, Android) and responsive web
- Experience with a range of research and evaluation techniques and current user-centered design research, theories and methodologies
- Proficient with the latest design, research and collaboration tools such as Sketch, InVision, Mural, Craft, Appear.in, MindNode, Validately, JIRA etc.
- Impressive deductive reasoning skills and empathy
- Experience running Design Critiques from both sides of the table
- UI design experience grounded in both information architecture and interaction design
- Experience successfully applying UX design practices in an Agile software development environment
Additionally, the following would be helpful:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, high energy
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience training and mentoring team members
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.