Head of Marketing Operations
Merrill, New York, NY (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Marketing leadership role accountable for developing marketing-related measurement, infrastructure and overall data management. Role will serve as the data-driven consultant to the CMO, facilitating the establishment of marketing strategy and ensuring alignment of business objectives with operational budgets and strategic planning.
- Ensure impact-level marketing measurement and executive reporting on marketing’s contribution to the business.
- Ensures that marketing measurement drives performance review of key functions and campaigns.
- Lead data strategy development and infrastructure deployment, including technology ownership and marketing process governance.
- Provide dependable advice and consultation to the CMO leveraging marketing performance data.
- Collaborate with marketing and other business leaders to achieve alignment with the corporate strategy.
- Participate in the development of organizational alignment, competency assessments and skills development, as directed by the CMO.
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of marketing experience (ideally in an operations role), including 5+ years in management.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing executive management.
- Understanding of sales cycles and product lifecycles and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue.
- Data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment experience.
- Marketing measurement analysis and delivery, including global markets, if applicable, and using data from MAP, SFA, Web analytics and finance systems.
- Leadership and change management.
- People management, including the ability to build a team and work with diverse skill sets (from technical to strategic resources).
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions.
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements.
- Ability to translate business objectives into operational requirements.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to adapt to audience needs.
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations.
- Financial management and budget allocation.
- Analytical thinker with a natural curiosity and ability to map strategy to tactics.
- Comfortable working under tight deadline pressure.
- Able to solve problems/meet goals in creative ways with limited resources.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Manager US
N26, New York
Junior Graphic Designer
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Director of Marketing Analytics
Peloton, NY HQ
Springboard - Head of Growth, New Products
Learn Capital, San Francisco, California
Growth Marketing Associate
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Growth Operations Lead
Forward, San Francisco