Sr Software Engineer II
Merrill, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the development of NodeJs applications on DS1 platform by establishing the methodologies, techniques and tools that are the foundation of our web-based platform, and which support their design, development, evolution, and evaluation. This position collaborates with the engineering department, product managers and user experience designer teams to meet the product vision and business goals.
- Collaborate with development team and product managers to enhance existing products and develop new products
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about front end development, web application etc..,
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on tasks and small projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years’ relevant professional work experience with track record of past project achievements and success, primarily in agile environment
- Web development experience, ideally with
- Angular(4+) and NGRX,
- HTML 5, CSS Modules, Web pack, npm
- CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS
- Material design concepts
- Experience with Angular Testing Tools like Jasmine/Karma/Protractor(E2E)
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Knowledge of Java and NoSQL database systems is preferred
- Experience with cross-browser implementations
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Continuous integration using Jenkins
- Works well in fast-paced environment and committed to team success
- Excellent conceptual, and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
DevOps Engineer - Data
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Sr. Software Engineer, Applications
Branch Metrics, Seattle
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Flow Kana, Oakland
Solutions Architect - The Netherlands
Elastic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Senior Java Engineer
Allston Trading, Chicago