Product Support Specialist, Associate
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Support users by providing technical product support to enhance their overall product and service experience; through product and application knowledge assist users with technical queries enabling them to successfully configure, manage and complete their project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to user inquires through various communication channels including phone, email, chat, etc. regarding how to use the product and tool features to accomplish their specific tasks or milestones.
- May assist users in the setup and configuration of tools and features within Merrill’s technology products.
- Using product knowledge, this role will provide support to our users who are experiencing standard issues with our products; troubleshoot and directly answer user questions to resolve the issues they are experiencing. Route issues that the Product Support Specialist is unable to resolve to the appropriate person or team for timely user resolution.
- Provide educational tutorials and support on the platform’s capabilities and functionality to users; Build positive relationships while being proactive in anticipating client needs
- Develop knowledge of industry and clients’ use cases, to more fully understand background of support questions
- Capture client product support requests through internal workflow tools to ensure excellent user experience and support business metrics and reporting
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma required.
- Strong technical aptitude and learning agility
- 1-3 years previous experience in a client service or operational support environment
- Strong communication skills, especially in explaining technical terms in a way that non-technical individuals can understand
- Independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team collaboration environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Additional Information (i.e. schedule, hours)
- Shift schedule is Monday - Friday
- Hours are 10am – 6:30pm
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.