Principal Business Analyst - Oracle Financials
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Financial Business Systems Analyst (BSA) who will understand the business implications of technical solutions within the financial team. This role will be responsible for analysis of business systems & processes, detailed requirements definition and systems design consultation for Merrill’s application systems portfolio, which includes centralized transaction based, distributed, interactive desktop, and Internet applications. Works with other IT staff, business staff, and vendors to ensure the system direction and infrastructure are supportive of the company’s business direction and aligned to the long-term technology architecture. Provides comprehensive testing requirements, Train-the-Trainer implementation team support, and post-implementation system support.
- Leads and participates in current state assessment, evaluates improvement opportunities and formulates future state approach.
- Devises or modifies systems processes and/or procedures to solve highly complex business problems.
- Defines business process and systems requirements.
- Prepares detailed documentation from which program specifications will be written.
- Responsible for leading the analysis for all types of application projects.
- Provides direction on design solutions and functionality decisions.
- Aids in the development of user interfaces.
- Has a thorough understanding of business or function for which the application is designed.
- Ensures comprehensive testing requirements have been documented for all facets of the development effort and business procedure modifications.
- In addition, duties include instructing, directing and checking the work of other business analysts.
- May be expected to perform as a project manager for mid-size to large projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field
- 8+ years related experience
- Experienced at influencing and collaborating with other IT teams and business partners
- Expertise with Oracle applications a must, preferably R12 General Ledger, Project Accounting and Fixed Asset modules
- Solid understanding of the functional aspects of Accounting and Finance
- History of building and maintaining positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Superior analytical and conceptualization skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, possessing an ability to motivate others.
- Strong and advanced technical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, client-service, and results orientation.
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; must be a direct, articulate, and thoughtful communicator.
- Strong ability to develop rapport and trust with multiple individuals and personalities.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.