Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Merrill, London (GBR)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a detail-oriented QA Automation Engineer to become an embedded member and hands-on contributor within our new London team. You will bring skills that enable a shift left in the software development life cycle, quality engineering related to code quality, early testing, defect prevention as opposed to defect detection and providing guidance on automation framework architecture and design.
You will be in an environment that fosters cross-functional collaboration as well as working with all roles of the scrum team (Product Manager, Software Engineer, UX, QA, etc.) and will need to bring a strong understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies. We follow the squad model made famous by Spotify, so you'll be part of an autonomous team with full responsibility for your own area and an opportunity to look to implement change across the board, while collaborating with colleagues in the US to ensure fast and consistent delivery.
What are we building?
Merrill is building a new platform to provide powerful and innovative solutions to enable our clients to manage the most complex deals on the planet as efficiently as possible.
We want to be the easiest, fastest and most intuitive way to progress deals to a successful outcome – enabling the bankers, lawyers and professionals we work alongside to focus on doing what they do best for their clients.
- Development of load and performance testing operation
- Create test plans
- Develop and test the performance of the system to improve overall user experience
- Implement test cases to verify web-based security vulnerabilities or expose weaknesses in the software
- Debug and maintain scripts & Chef & puppet recipes
- Convert manual quality scripts to automated scripts using mainly Gherkin scripting language, enhancing the automation framework
- Improve the existing QA process
- Use professional development concepts and company processes to solve routine problems
- Develop and implement testing suite software as specified in technical specifications/software design documentation
- Exercise judgment using standard software development processes in analyzing situations or data
- Develop toolsets to augment QA and development testing
- Develop automation frameworks
- Analyse, program, debug and modify computer programs for system automation testing
- Design or conduct design modifications to complex systems or subsystems for the purpose of testing automation
- Platform integration including continuous Integration (CI)
- Regression and validation with CICD & smoke validation
- Work as part of an autonomous development team
- Assist in troubleshooting, testing and resolving issues
- Perform design changes for product improvements/upgrades
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain code and deploy/rollback on need basis
- Provide input on schedule and accurate estimation of project deadlines
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance including:
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test cycles, test plans, and software releases
- Understanding various types of testing including functional, regression, performance, and load testing
- Creating test plans, including building a test automation framework from scratch
- Working with:
- Automation/programming languages and frameworks (Selenium WebDriver)
- Testing frameworks and tools such as; Junit / TestNG, Cucumber/ Gherkin, CapyBara, Sauce Labs
- DevOps tools; Shellscript, Chef, Puppet
- Java, Python/Ruby
- APIS (REST)
- Web application development
- Successful application of concepts of typical problem solving within a given specialty
- Creation of automation scripts using one of the tools mentioned above to setup and validate infrastructure & environments
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience work as part of a development team
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse and diagnose a complex application
- In-depth, working knowledge of major areas of software engineering
- Strong knowledge of OOO programming – Java
- Following issues through to resolution and communicating findings
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to make decisions and execute at speed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Additionally, the following would be helpful:
- Dev Ops experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, high energy
- A passion for quality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience training and mentoring team members
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.