Regional Datasite Sales
Merrill, Dallas, TX (USA)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The DataSite Sales Director will focus on hunting top opportunities within a specific, defined market. This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished seller to join our growing DataSite Team and become part of a world class team selling world class technologies. Merrill Named to “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine, 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies potential buyers within targeted areas
- Undertakes client "discovery" process to identify client business issues and sell the appropriate set of solutions to address the client’s needs.
- Ability to present technology product solutions.
- Partners with other sales executives and technical sales consultants in a team selling environment.
- Prepares and presents complex proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with clients consistent with our global pricing strategy.
- Work closely with sales management to develop an individual sales plan.
- Monitors progress against Merrill Corporation strategies and goals.
- Provides client support and service by leveraging internal resources to satisfy client needs.
- Drives sales and maintains relationships with assigned clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all call activity in salesforce.com and report call information, sales leads, and customer profiles correctly and accurately in a timely manner
- Learn all Merrill policies, procedures and best practices
- 4 year degree preferred
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills.
- Experience in solutions selling and/or technology selling
- Ongoing ability to learn new products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to call on C-level executives.
- Clear understanding of and experience with consultative sales process.
- Ability to adjust approach in order to fit different buyer motivators.
- Aptitude to take personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Ability to negotiate and manage client expectations.
- Ability to negotiate complex pricing agreements and contract terms.
- Demonstrated service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proactive planner and forward thinker.
- Demonstrated perseverance with clients and with process implementation.
- Ability to achieve results in partnership with others.
- Self-motivation to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrate the desire to become the best at everything they do.
Essential Behavioral Requirements:
All Merrill employees are expected to conduct themselves using the Merrill pillars of trust, teamwork and accountability and to behave in a manner which promotes company values, principals, policy, and culture.
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Director EMEA and APAC
Mixpanel, London or Barcelona
Enterprise Account Executive - Chicago
Head of Sales and Brand Partnerships
The Coveteur, New York
Sales Development Representative
Hypebeast, New York
SMB Publisher Account Manager - Spain & France (London based)