Marketing Manager - Iberia & Italy
Merrill, London (GBR)
Join the future of financial communications
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is a leading provider of cloud computing software solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries.
We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools which rely on microservices architecture to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence and asset marketing processes, helping them close more deals, faster.
Our award winning global teams continuously collaborate to anticipate and meet customer needs. This is important because companies are moving faster than ever before. Startups can raise money or be acquired in short order and these transactions can make an impact on the global financial markets. Our clients rely on us to make sure the right deal information is shared with the right people at the right time.
Reporting to the head of marketing for EMEA, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for localising and executing the EMEA marketing strategy and plan in Spain and Italy. this is a crucial role within the team to drive demand generation across the different marketing channels in Spain and Italy from events and conferences to email, web, social media and display. It is a Full Time permanent role based out of London, the EMEA headquarters of Merrill Corporation, with an opportunity to establish marketing in the country and grow the role and the team in the coming years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Localise and execute the marketing plan for Spain and Italy based on the EMEA Marketing strategy and plan;
- Drive demand generation in Spain and Italy offline and online;
- Optimise and measure the success of the different activities and initiatives;
- Report on the impact in terms of leads, opportunities, cost per lead, cost per opportunity and the overall return on marketing investment;
- Ability to work productively within a team environment as well as independently;
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach;
- Ability to build strong working relationships especially with local sales team;
- Ability to collaborate across functions and regions within a multicultural environment;
- Proactive, flexible, quick to adjust, focused on execution and results;
- Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Italian both verbal and written;
- Good understanding of the right and most effective marketing mix and channels in Spain and Italy including events, conferences, email, web, social media and display;
- Events and conferences management
- Digital savviness in terms of executing local campaigns over different tools and channels;
- Experience with a CRM, marketing, and social media tools is an advantage;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - written and verbal;
- Propensity to respond to deadlines ahead of schedule;
- Detail oriented, analytical with strong planning skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a high-degree of confidentiality, discretion and professionalism;
- PC proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, SharePoint, Yammer);
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) in marketing, communications, business or related fields is desirable;
- A Master degree in marketing is an advantage;
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in marketing preferably in a similar position and within a global organisation;
- Basic knowledge of B2B marketing is preferred;
- Previous experience in a technology SaaS company would be a great advantage, ideally in the financial services/legal sectors.
Candidates are required to have full eligibility to work in UK or EU without any restrictions
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.