Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
This position will be responsible for analysis of business systems, products, and processes, detailed requirements definition and system design consultation while challenging solutions and identifying alternatives where appropriate. This position works as a liaison between multiple business units and IT on a variety of projects with the primary responsibilities to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage project stakeholder requirements. This position will engage in various project methodologies and will manage project requirements, processes, data modeling, as well as other project –associated needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the project manager/product manager to document the products’ vision and the projects’ scope.
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task workflow analysis and/or viewpoints.
- Document and translation of business requirements for technical consumption.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirement documentation. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements are interpreted correctly.
- Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools along with overall PLC recommendations for improvement.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements, development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Work with business and IT Leads to ensure proposed solutions/designs are applicable, cost effective, and reusable/leverage able across the enterprise where applicable.
- Assist with both test approach/planning and test case documentation – may include participating in UAT testing and capture of results.
- Ability to interact with internal/external clients/customers in a professional manner
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Business process engineering
- Proven strong analytic skills
- Use cases, test cases user stories
- Wireframes or web mock-ups
- Familiar with various Project Management methodologies
- Excellent written and communication skills – ability to communicate throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- This position may require specialized knowledge or training in specific areas.
- CCBA and/or CBAP is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related studies
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related experience
Merrill is an international organization that offers technology-enabled platforms for secure content sharing, regulated communications, and disclosure services for the world of international finance.
For half a century, they've provided the tools to help some of the biggest companies in the world connect with speed, accuracy, and confidence. And in 2000, they became the first online management resource legally required for publicly traded companies.
Their digital transformation, in partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal Software, now allows clients to leverage highly innovative technology and advanced analytics, alongside ironclad security - all without losing the human touch.
And the transformation continues - Merrill is opening a digital innovation lab in New York in 2018.
As a global organization, Merrill knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Be a Better Merrill Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Merrill when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Merrill? Visit Merrill's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cyber Threat Analyst
Recorded Future, Washington, DC
Senior Software Triage Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Staff Software Dev Eng in Test - Partner Certification
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Marketo Implementation Consultant
Blue State Digital, NYC, DC, OAK
Head of Machine Learning