On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
As a Content Designer, you will be responsible for crafting the content found throughout our digital products and experiences. You won’t just be writing copy, but helping shape the experience in our products. You love words, enjoy diving deep into problem-solving, and have a passion for creating simple, delightful experiences. Your peers will be product designers, user researchers, product managers, and marketers. You think strategically and take a holistic view of how content impacts the user experience.
The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates how you’ve used content to shape the product experience. Your writing style is described as concise, modern, direct, and transparent.
- Understand user needs and mindsets across digital platforms and channels. You'll grow your first-hand knowledge of our products, customer segments and behaviors and advocate for the user throughout the copy development process.
- Create content reflective of our brand.
- Employ user research to guide content decisions .
- Work with product designers, user researchers, product managers, and marketers, to create a content strategy across all of our digital channels.
- Plan, write, iterate and continually improve upon content.
- Develop a content style guide and framework for product and design teams to work within and push through all of our experiences.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience; at least 2 years of experience in UX copy writing or content design.
- Experience working with product managers and product designers, product marketing teams, researchers, and data analysts to create simple and effective product experiences.
- Lover of details, a desire to get your hands dirty, and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Engaging writing with a clear, strong, voice.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Has worked with User Research teams before and knows how to turn insights into action.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the role. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Us If you live in the city, chances are you get around in a variety of different ways – your car, public transit, your bike, maybe even your own two feet. Which got us thinking – if the way you use your car in the city changes, then shouldn’t the entire notion of what it means to insure, own and operate your car change, too? Revolutionizing car ownership to fit your urban lifestyle is what Metromile is all about. By taking our deep understanding of data and transforming it into information and services that make having a car less expensive, more convenient, and smarter, we aim to make the urban car experience as simple as it can be. And for some, we hope to make car ownership a possibility where it wasn’t before. We started by creating an entirely new model of car insurance that enables low-mileage drivers to save hundreds of dollars a year. We went even further and released smart technology offerings that quantify the nuts and bolts of your daily driving, providing useful insights and notifications — everything from remote diagnoses of your car’s mechanical problems to sending you automated street sweeping alerts. In the future, we plan on simplifying nearly all aspects of urban driving — so that you can just enjoy the benefits of having a car, without the unnecessary expenses and hassles.
Want to learn more about metromile? Visit metromile's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price