Mic, New York, NY
Mic exists to help young people make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Mic is expanding its video offerings and looking for a highly organized and ambitious Lifestyle Producer to manage weekly video coverage. This hire will specialize in evergreen content around tech, innovation, travel, food, and personal finance. Ideal candidates are comfortable in a 24 hour news cycle and available to work occasional nights and weekends.
This position is based in our New York City office and will report to Mic’s Lead Producer.
- Monitor news for lifestyle stories best-suited for video
- Identify and pitch top news stories of the day
- Collaborate closely with Mic’s editorial team to set priorities
- Write scripts for daily, short-form videos
- Manage consistent output of 3-5 video each week
- Partner with designer to create high-impact graphics
- Assist in the quality check of daily video
- 2+ years of experience in a digital newsroom
- Passion for news, storytelling, and new media
- Skilled in writing clean copy
- Strong reporting, including gathering a variety of sources
- Process oriented, extremely organized
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various stakeholders
- Understanding of Mic’s editorial voice
- Bonus: experience within social video, shooting/editing, graphics packages
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.
Mic was founded in 2011 by Chris Altchek and Jake Horowitz under the shared belief that millennials are inquisitive, have a healthy skepticism for conventional wisdom, and crave substantive news to spark interesting conversations.
Want to learn more about Mic? Visit https://mic.com/about
Jobs You May Like
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Freelance Writer, Minneapolis
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Recipe Editor, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Freelance Assistant Editor, Branded Video
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Freelance Writer, Los Angeles
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - LA
Freelance Writer, Amsterdam
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Amsterdam