Mic, New York, NY
Mic exists to help young people make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Mic is expanding its video offerings and looking for a highly organized and ambitious News Producer to manage daily video coverage. An insatiable appetite for breaking news will be key for this position, as is a deep knowledge of news gathering tactics. Ideal candidates are comfortable in a 24 hour news cycle and available to work occasional nights and weekends.
This position is based in our New York City office and will report to Mic's Lead Producer.
- Monitor news for trending stories best-suited for video
- Identify and pitch top news stories of the day
- Collaborate closely with Mic’s editorial team to set priorities
- Write scripts for daily, short-form videos
- See 3-5 videos to completion each day, from preproduction to post
- Assist in the quality check of daily video
- 2+ years of experience in a digital newsroom
- Passion for news, storytelling, and new media
- Skilled in writing clean copy
- Strong reporting, including gathering a variety of sources
- Process oriented, extremely organized
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Mic’s editorial voice and best practices
- Bonus: experience within social video, shooting/editing, politics coverage
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.
Mic was founded in 2011 by Chris Altchek and Jake Horowitz under the shared belief that millennials are inquisitive, have a healthy skepticism for conventional wisdom, and crave substantive news to spark interesting conversations.
Want to learn more about Mic? Visit https://mic.com/about
Jobs You May Like
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Writer, Seattle
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Freelance Writer, Charleston
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Charleston
Social Video Preditor
Thrillist, New York, NY
Freelance Adaptations Editor
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Digital Content Producer (Contractor)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California