Video Editor, News
Mic, New York, NY
Mic exists to help young people make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Mic is expanding its video offerings and looking for a talented Video Editor to work on its daily news content. Turning around high quality video in a short turnaround time will be key for this position, as is the availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
This position will be based in our New York City office and report to Mic's Lead Video Editor.
- Work closely with producers to create daily news videos under tight deadlines
- Find and manage assets for each video
- Create motion graphics packages and templates that can be re-used
- Continue to raise the bar for quality video storytelling
- 3+ years of post-production experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert level experience in Premiere
- Proficiency in After Effects
- Basic experience in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Highly creative
- Sharp sense of editing
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Extremely savvy with technology, the internet, and mixed media
- Passion for news and an understanding of post-production best practices is a must
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.
Mic was founded in 2011 by Chris Altchek and Jake Horowitz under the shared belief that millennials are inquisitive, have a healthy skepticism for conventional wisdom, and crave substantive news to spark interesting conversations.