Senior Politics Editor
Mic, New York, NY
Mic exists to help young people make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Mic is seeking an experienced and dynamic editor to run our political coverage. Top candidates will be original thinkers who care deeply about the way politics affects everyday lives. They will have a track record of working with top talent, breaking news and of assigning and editing stories that generate real impact. The Mic politics editor will be able to spot the real stories that really matter amid the clamor of Political Twitter and cable news, and know how to make them stand out.
- Strong understanding of, and obsession with, politics
- Ability to identify important stories and topic areas early and often
- Understand the bigger picture while managing multiple, daily moving parts
- Marshall a small team around an important story
- Have exemplary editing skills
- Can guide reporters on original, deeply reported stories
- Work closely with the audience team to make sure they are packaged for maximum impact
- Minimum 3 to 5 years managing a high-performing reporting team
- Strong experience editing national political stories
- Ability to assign stories with a clear angleStrong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay organized and work well under pressure
- Creative, independent, and outside-the-box thinking
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.
Mic was founded in 2011 by Chris Altchek and Jake Horowitz under the shared belief that millennials are inquisitive, have a healthy skepticism for conventional wisdom, and crave substantive news to spark interesting conversations.
Want to learn more about Mic? Visit https://mic.com/about
Jobs You May Like
Lead Creative Producer
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Finnish Language Specialist
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Shopping & Products Writer
BuzzFeed, New York
Prop Stylist, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Freelance Writer, Amsterdam
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Amsterdam
Jr Nifty Fellow
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles