Mic, New York, NY
Mic exists to help young people make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Mic is looking to hire an Editorial Designer, who will produce original artwork for a variety of stories and storytelling formats. Projects will range from photo treatments on features stories to animations for our new tap-to-advance news product. This role will be embedded within the newsroom and work closely with producers and editors.
This position is based in our New York City office and will report to Mic's News Designer Director.
- Produce original artwork, animations, text and photo treatments for 3-5 stories a week
- Experiment with our new tap-to-advance storytelling platform, using mixed media to engage our audiences
- Create consistent experiences between desktop, mobile, and iOS interfaces
- Collaborate with producers to bring a visual identity to their storylines/scripts
- Translate statistics, demographics, etc into infographics
- Compose text packages and templates to be re-used across projects
- 2+ years of designing for an editorial publication or storytelling platform
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- After Effects experience for minor animations
- Strong sense of typography
- Understanding of responsive design and best formats/layouts for mobile
- Innovative and product-minded
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.
Mic was founded in 2011 by Chris Altchek and Jake Horowitz under the shared belief that millennials are inquisitive, have a healthy skepticism for conventional wisdom, and crave substantive news to spark interesting conversations.
Want to learn more about Mic? Visit https://mic.com/about
Jobs You May Like
Character Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Brand Design Director
Casper, New York, New York
User Operations Associate/Senior Associate
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Design Intern - Winter 2018
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal
Senior Experience Designer (m/w)
Junior Toy Designer
BarkBox, New York, NY