At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, Paris, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
As the first product designer in Seattle, you will be instrumental in building our design culture in this growing office. Your primary focus will be unlocking the value of Mixpanel by designing tools that help customers keep their data clean, correct and trustworthy. In addition, your work will inform the overall design and vision of the product.
About the design team:
We are a small, collaborative team of multidisciplinary designers. Our process always begins with product vision and is a highly collaborative effort between the product and design teams. We focus on innovation with purpose to solve the problem at hand, and we care deeply about simplicity and usability.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience working remotely within a distributed design team
- Has the ability to design user interfaces, user flows, interactions and prototypes that bring clarity to complex design problems
- Participates in research to understand users’ goals and figure out “what’s next” for the team
- Simplifies abstract use cases to develop easy to understand user flows
- Knows when to use the right data visualization for the right problem
- Understands modern front-end engineering tools and practices
- Works closely with the design team, product managers, and engineers to see a project from concept through implementation and beyond
- Ensures designs are based on user needs and business goals
- Presents work to teammates and stakeholders to gain buy-in on their ideas
- Background designing complex web applications and/or enterprise software
- Experience designing data visualizations to help people understand the underlying data
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
Jobs You May Like
Platform Designer: Tools
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
Senior Game Designer
Pocket Gems, Episode
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Senior Creative Director
Scoop, San Francisco, California