Site Reliability Engineer
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data
At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
Site Reliability Engineering at Mixpanel is a team of hybrid software/systems engineers targeting large-scale advances in operational efficiency and maturity, reliability, automation, and a deeper understanding of the dependencies inherent in our infrastructure. With numerous large clusters in multiple regions across the planet, and with 50 Billion data points flowing in every month, the goal of SRE is to enable continuous growth while decreasing operational overhead and increasing performance, all while maintaining our high levels of reliability and data resilience.
About the role:
If you’re the kind of person who flourishes with the challenge of writing automation, debugging errant services, going deep into the Linux kernel, end-to-end performance tuning, all while serving hundreds of thousands of events every second of every day, we’d love to get to know you.
- Use your experience as a coder to build tools, services, automation.
- Take charge of performance and reliability measurement, and drive improvements based on data.
- Run critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, storage, and serving infrastructure.
- Use your knowledge of open source tools and available services to maintain the highest-levels of uptime across our myriad services, and building the portions that don’t yet exist.
- Own configuration management, monitoring, alerting, data resilience, and critical measurement infrastructure.
- Manage our fleet of clusters, distributed globally.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Solid experience with Linux (we run Ubuntu).
- Solid coding experience, and a passion for solving hard problems through automation and resilient software.
- A hunger for solving not just the symptoms, but the root cause of any issues that arise.
- Industry experience in running a multi-node environment is useful (minimum 2 years is mandatory), but your attitude and proven abilities are more important.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.