Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the Role
Mixpanel Support isn’t your typical support organization. We see it as an engine of growth — every time a customer writes in to Support, it is our job to make them absolutely nuts about our product. To achieve this we have built a team of smart and high-energy people that are passionate about genuinely helping people to get their problems solved.
While a personalized, high-touch experience is integral to a great customer support experience, a top notch self-serve offering is critical to a holistic support solution. We are looking for a Technical Writer who can create and manage high quality content targeted to a variety of audiences including developers, product managers, and marketers. Content topics range from platform-specific technical implementation guides to product reference guides to analytics best practices. Our team is ground zero for our product and customer’s DNA. Most importantly, you’ll work with a team of smart, driven individuals with a thirst to learn and intrinsic desire to delight and surprise customers!
- Create, edit, and manage content for both internal and external audiences across multiple channels including customer-facing help content, internal knowledge base, developer documentation, etc.
- Deliver a consistent and cohesive voice across all of Mixpanel content and documentation
- Work closely with Support Engineers to identify content gaps and improvement areas
- Interact with Product Managers, Product Engineers, and SMEs on content for new product releases
- Understand and define all facets of the Mixpanel customer journey, and identify key areas of strategic importance for targeted content
- Be a leader on self-serve best practices with a strong interest in training other teams
- Define content structure, taxonomy, and style
- Collaborate on overall self-serve strategy
- Ensure Mixpanel goes above and beyond to consistently deliver a delightful support experience
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience as a technical writer for a technical, software solution
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to understand and explain details of a technical software solution to both technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Flexibility to work with a range of knowledge management platforms as well as version software tools like git
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment based on the needs of internal teams and Mixpanel customers
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with Product Managers and Product Engineers
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with highly technical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
Our Team Values
- Give Freely: We recognize your efforts and understand asking for help can be hard. We sit by your side to find solutions and build relationships over time.
- Speak Your Neighbor’s Language: We cater to you whenever and wherever. We speak your language and develop relationships the way only a neighbor can.
- Act Decisively: We support smart, because you work smart. We strive to delight you with lightning fast responses and we act when others are not prepared to do so.
- Practice Breathtaking Magic: We are precise in our craft through fierce preparation. We leave customers wondering, “How did they do that?” We go above and beyond to deliver a delightful support experience.
- Invest and Evolve: We are ready to address tomorrow’s questions today. We invest in our development to grow alongside your company.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.