Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. We are a small, collaborative team of multidisciplinary designers, and are looking for experienced product designers to help us dive deeper into our product vision.
- Our process always begins with product vision and is a highly collaborative between the product and design teams.
- We focus on innovation with purpose to solve the problem at hand, and we care deeply about simplicity and usability.
- Most importantly, we take time to complete projects the right way. Building a great product is always our top priority, even if it means taking more time to get it just right.
About the role:
- Working in close collaboration with other designers, product managers, and engineers to see a project from concept through implementation and beyond.
- Being a constant champion for the user, in every aspect of your work.
- Partnering with and mentoring other members of the team. We believe everyone has something to learn and something to share.
- Presenting your work to teammates and stakeholders to gain buy-in on your ideas.
- Helping develop and then working within our design language that helps us ensure we are always true to our brand.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- User empathy – You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your users. Assumptions are fine, as long as they’re acknowledged as assumptions.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns – You have a desire to push design forward and you pay attention to how other products handle problems.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly – Your work successfully simplifies a complex interaction so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and express the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing. This includes being willing to ask when you need more direction.
- Learning from each other – you have some skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Management Director - Data Science
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, California
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
SquareTrade, San Francisco
CAD Engineer - Seating
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Product Manager, Messenger
Intercom, San Francisco, CA