Commercial Account Executive
Mixpanel, New York City, NY
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data
Mixpanel helps the world learn from its data with the most advanced analytics for mobile and web. With a datastore and backend optimized for efficient user-centric queries, we provide our customers with instant answers to their toughest questions. With over 20,000 customers and 15% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned its reputation for world-class customer support and an innovative approach to analytics. Mixpanel has been since February 2012 and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We work in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
- Founded in 2009, Mixpanel has already surpassed $65M+ in ARR.
- We’re a market leader with traction in the enterprise and a strong base of SMB/Mid-Market customers. Our customers including Salesforce, Microsoft, HP, Amazon and American Express.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, we have nearly 300 employees, including growing offices in New York, London, Seattle, and Salt Lake City.
About the role
We are looking for experienced sales executives to join our Commercial team. The ideal candidate has experience selling SaaS to companies with <1000 employees, and demonstrates a willingness to pursue connections with the right people.
As a Commercial Account Executive, you will manage the sales process for one of Mixpanel’s most exciting segments. You will foster ongoing relationships with customers and key stakeholders to ensure long-term growth while maintaining a deep understanding of Mixpanel’s evolving technology.
- Generate net new business and expand existing book of business for Commercial accounts
- Build out strategic territory plan, prospect, and build 4X pipeline while managing sales cycles from start to finish
- Meet and regularly exceed your quarterly and annual quota
- Manage contract negotiations
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations including Sales Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Legal
- Track all sales activity and forecasting in Salesforce
- Full cycle sales experience, prospect to close, preferably in SaaS
- Strong outbound prospecting abilities with a track record of building net new business
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement of quotas (~$700,000)
- You were a top performer at your last company
- Effective communicator, team player, and collaborator with strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptability – you understand that change is constant and embrace it
- Agility and resilience – you move quickly and encourage continued improvement
- Strong work ethic and drive to excel
- Ability and willingness to learn independently
- Curiosity about the data and analytics space
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: non-exempt
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.