Product Strategy and Operations Manager
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
Product Strategy and Operations' goal is to enable Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) to delight customers by building tools and processes that help us stay organized, listen to customers, understand the market, make decisions, and communicate about product vision, strategy, and features.
You will have the opportunity to be the founding member of the Product Strategy and Operations team, design the systems, and define the role, reporting directly to the VP of Product.
- Own the system for storing market and customer signals that come into the company every day across all our teams. The signals coming in include, but are not limited to, sales dealbreakers, user feedback, NPS scores, churn reasons, support tickets, and community posts. You will make the information accessible and frictionless to capture as much signal as possible. Analyzing the data needs to be quick and easy, so anyone can use it to inform prioritization. It will be your responsibility to identify ways to improve upon our current processes proactively.
- You will coordinate EPD meetings with customers (prospective, current, and former) for both research projects and support new sales and renewals, capturing takeaways in recordings and notes that are stored and shared.
- Manage the tools and processes for communicating product roadmap and feature development to ensure the internal product roadmap is up-to-date and allowing the go-to-market (GTM) teams to self-serve on answers about the product. Build a process for moving projects from research and development to beta to general availability that makes sure GTM has everything it needs to be successful, such as positioning/packaging/pricing information.
- Schedule project debriefs to root cause and learn from successes and failures. Make sure the findings are disseminated.
- Organize and simplify how we store and communicate about research, project proposals, and technical and UI designs.
- Perform analysis of market, competitors, pipeline, churn to help shape product strategy. Translate findings into actionable recommendations to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Build and maintain the EPD metrics dashboard by building reporting in Mixpanel and pulling data from BigQuery into Google Sheets for things like data center costs and billing details.
- Work with other departments to get information or support that EPD needs, like filling out product gaps and churn reasons. Work with other departments to understand what they need from EPD and design simple, light-weight (automated, ideally) processes to make it happen.
- Build slide decks for internal, monthly executive, and quarterly board updates.
- Build and maintain the Product Roadmap slide deck for Sales.
- Manage projects for VP Product.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- You are an excellent project and program manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs.
- You enjoy talking to customers (internal and external), empathizing with them, and root causing the problems they need to be solved. You will need to understand the requirements for our systems of collecting user input and distributing information about product changes.
- You can establish trust and alignment working with cross-functional teams.
- Systems thinking: you can design processes that are lightweight, simple, self-reinforcing, and make life easier for everyone.
- Synthesis and clear communication: you can take complex topics, make them simple, and present content to be explicit and relevant to the target audience.
- Familiarity with pulling data from Salesforce and SQL databases, and building models to support decision-making.
- You thrive in ambiguity because it's an opportunity to clarify and define what we should do and how we should work. It's is a new role for Mixpanel, so there will inevitably be unknowns. If you are curious and persistent and enjoy figuring things out as you go, you're much more likely to enjoy and succeed in this role.
- You are passionate about software, data, design, and building things, and figuring out how to make getting answers from data easy and understandable (that's what we do 🙂) #LI-JH1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.