Technology Services Support Specialist
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Team
Mixpanel's Global Technology Services team focuses on providing world-class end-user support and empowers the broader Mixpanel Community with best in class technical resources. Our San Francisco Technical Support Lead will help empower end-users in the United States and globally and play a vital role in expanding the Global Technology Services team.
About the Role
The Technical Support Lead role requires a technical skill-set and up to date knowledge of the latest technology trends. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly incorporate new techniques and processes while exhibiting a strong focus on end-users. The candidate must be personable and interact with every level of our team. The ability to simplify complex technical solutions and convey them to our team is a must.
- Provide all our technology users with delightful experiences (98% Mac).
- Document, track, and monitor hardware and software problems using the existing ticketing system.
- Support and administer our SaaS applications portfolio such as Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, and other tools.
- Assist with inventory, auditing, reporting, and managing technical equipment and hardware.
- Assist with the onboarding/offboarding process from beginning to end.
- Assist with maintaining knowledge base and department process/policy documentation.
- Support AV systems and help host complex meetings and events
- Work and strategize with the Security team on cross-functional Technology Service projects covering deployment and configuration areas, security, identity, and device management.
- Help implement policies and procedures around security and ensure all deployed computers have valid encryption and endpoint security and management software.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Prior technical support experience.
- Excellent problem solving, technical, and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong work ethic, friendly presence, helpful attitude, and desire to learn with no fear of asking questions.
- Experience and familiarity with current and changing aspects of corporate information technology environments, including Mac, mobile devices, audio/video equipment, printers, networking, and endpoint security.
- Experience with typical cloud-based business applications (Google Workspace, Okta, Jira, Slack, and other tools).
- Exposure to enterprise mobile device management software (Jamf experience strongly preferred).
Bonus Points For
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers and Google Cloud Platform strongly preferred.
- Experience working as part of a globally distributed team.
- Experience with Networking and Cisco Meraki appliances.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos