Head of Strategic Alliances
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data
Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 6,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About the Partnerships Team
The Partnerships team at Mixpanel is responsible for acquiring, activating, and growing a global ecosystem of Certified, Sales, and Technology Partners. We’re on a mission to help extend Mixpanel’s reach and allow our product and go-to-market (‘GTM’) teams to scale efficiently while becoming the go-to product analytics solution for Partners and Customers across the globe. This highly cross-functional and collaborative team leverages our network of Partners to support the company’s customer acquisition, activation, and retention goals.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Strategic Alliances Manager to help us grow our ecosystem of large strategic partners in the Americas that have the highest potential to contribute to the overall success of our organization. In this role you will develop a thesis for which technology and agency partners we should work with. You will know how to navigate these complex organizations to establish relationships, negotiate partnership agreements and drive opportunities in both new business and growing existing accounts.
You will collaborate with cross-functional team members to position Mixpanel as the best in class Product Analytics tool in the market. Additionally, you will work closely with the GTM leadership of Mixpanel to refine and scale our processes, internal tools, and sales enablement for working with partners.
This role is for you if you have a growth mindset, comfort with ambiguity, and excellent prioritization skills.
- Be responsible for developing Mixpanel’s strategic partnerships and alliances, with a goal of generating new enterprise business opportunities and sales pipeline for the business through our top partner relationships
- Build comprehensive GTM plans that focus on creating new business opportunities and aligning organizations through business development and co-marketing
- Develop relationships with partner executives to assist in growing the sphere of influence
- Explore new revenue and distribution streams with potential alliance partners to build closer product integration, with the goal of increasing distribution, scale and revenues
- Forge strong Mixpanel-internal relationships with key managers and support organizations in a dynamic and growing environment to ensure the right people are connected at the right time
We're looking for someone who has
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience building and scaling partnership programs and ecosystems. Effective in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Success building and growing relationships with complex partner/customer organizations
- Execution focused but able to see larger picture
- Strong knowledge of the Analytics, Modern Data Stack and Growth landscape. You might have worked in the industry or have a passion for learning
- Experience working with agencies, consultancies or GSIs
- 7+ years of industry experience - preferably in the Analytics, Mobile, MarTech, Data or SaaS space.
- Experience in business development and building reselling channel
- A success record of hitting key performance indicators while working with complex partner/customer engagements
- A passion for collaborating with colleagues and love to be part of a team
Bonus Points For
- Several years of Management Consulting experience
- Speaking multiple languages, especially Spanish or Portuguese
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we’ve seen a spike in our leading indicators—signups and weekly active users—which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we’re the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world’s most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
File hosting service