Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 6,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About The Role
The Analytics team does product research, builds analytical frameworks and forecasts, tells data stories, and makes recommendations so that Mixpanel can run on data. Since Mixpanel's mission is to enable our customers to be data-driven, it is only natural that Mixpanel itself is serious about being data-driven too. As a result our team's scope covers the entire business and product.
We believe analytics is a profession. We inform the most important decisions the company makes with our analyses. We ensure everyone at Mixpanel has easy access to the data and research they need. And because Mixpanel builds an analytics product, we are a valuable input for our product teams as they build future analysis features.
- Answer Mixpanel's biggest business and product questions to inform our strategy and operations.
- Work with Mixpanel’s leadership to identify the highest priority strategic questions, and define a research roadmap to answer them.
- Lead quantitative research to discover:
- The relationships between user-level behavior in Mixpanel and organization/customer-level outcomes.
- The best strategies for our product, marketing, and sales teams to drive higher user adoption, customer happiness, and revenue growth.
- The best proxy metrics for teams to use to achieve company goals.
- Conduct regular metrics and research reviews with company leaders.
- Forecast metrics and attribute metrics trends to internal and external factors.
- Design the right “data interfaces” or data UX for internal users in operational teams to get easy access to the right data at the right time to best do their jobs.
- Communicate analysis insights at all levels of the organization to drive positive change.
We're Looking for Someone Who Has
- Experience driving dramatic positive change with recommendations rooted in data analysis and quantitative research.
- Ability to work with structured and unstructured data, including:
- Advanced SQL
- Scripting ability in Python, R, or a similar language.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data warehouses, dbt, and collaborative data science notebooks.
- Hands-on experience building and deploying statistical and/or machine learning models.
- Experience collaborating effectively with teams and leaders in different parts of a business.
- Strong written and verbal communication
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we’ve seen a spike in our leading indicators—signups and weekly active users—which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we’re the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world’s most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.
We've built the only product analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization deeply understand user journey. Get instant insights and fast iterations throughout your product development process.
Want to learn more about Mixpanel? Visit Mixpanel's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Bilingual Spanish Customer Success Representative, Retention (...
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United States