MLB Advanced Media is looking to immediately fill a 3D Art Generalist position. You’re the swiss army knife of our Art team and can solve a wide range of problems with well-rounded experience across multiple disciplines. You thrive on collaboration, have an eye for how to polish a game into perfection, and a natural curiosity for all parts of the creative pipeline.
- Collaborate on the development of all visual aspects of our products
- Employ cutting edge 3D graphics techniques including high poly modeling (Maya and ZBrush), baking normal and displacement maps from high-poly to game-res meshes, shader manipulation, modular construction and assembly techniques, including knowledge of baked and dynamic lighting models
- Responsible for creating effective and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments
- Deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming demands
- Conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving
- 3+ years experience in the video game industry on Console or Mobile AAA including one shipped title as 3D Artist or similar
- 2+ years experience with Unity or significant experience with other AAA engines
- Maya, 3D Studio Max, ZBrush (preferred), Photoshop experience and other current gen technical tools
- Competency with rigging, skinning, and animation setups
- Proficient in game-optimized complex hard surface modeling, UV editing, and the creation of layered textures using current gen tools
- The successful candidate will be able to concept and create under minimal to moderate supervision
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance, ShaderForge or similar
- Particle/FX/Dynamic system experience
- Experience with physically based rendering
- Architecture or traditional art background
- Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required. Please include 10-15 best examples of your work, 3-5 Texture Sheets including diffuse, spec and normal maps, and lighting examples.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of game developers
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of artists, designers and engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
About MLB Advanced Media
New York City's largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports, news and entertainment clients through its technology subsidiary, BAMTech.
BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by MLBAM, The Walt Disney Company and the National Hockey League. Its proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals anytime, on any device. Its video platform back-end technology provides flexibility to personalize and enhance content-viewing experiences and is capable of serving live content to tens of millions of consumers around the world. BAMTech's growing roster of sports, news and entertainment clients includes HBO NOW, the NHL, MLB, the PGA TOUR, WWE Network, Riot Games/League of Legends and Ice Network. It also is designing and developing a new multi-sport direct-to-consumer product that will deliver consumers access to a variety of live global professional and collegiate sporting events, expected to launch in 2017. Through a partnership with Discovery, BAMTech also jointly formed BAMTech Europe to represent its expansion into Europe and provide technology services to a broad set of clients across the continent, including Eurosport's digital products.