MLB Advanced Media is seeking an Associate Producer for our Gaming and VR department.
The Associate Producer has a great interest in console and mobile games, ideally sports and/or baseball. The Associate Producer works with the production staff to coordinate delivery of products and features, as well as reviewing quality, helping manage staff, and hitting deadlines. In addition, the Associate Producer will help define both the strategy and high level (roadmap/milestone) plan for the product being worked on.
- Assist in the production of various size projects and/or own portions of larger projects with oversight at key milestones and final product reviews.
- Support production staff on large scale projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Manage and track tasks; ensuring schedules are maintained and adjusted whenever necessary
- Coordination and validation of MLB logos and assets — cultivating MLB brand for gaming community
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Partner with key stakeholders in order to ensure that the project will be shipped with high quality
- Act as a liaison, coordinating multiple disciplines such as Development, Art, Audio, Animation, Design, and QA, in order to fulfill project goals and objectives
- Own the QA database
- Report progress, risks and issues on the project to key stakeholders
- Track project milestones and deliverables
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Superior Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in mobile and/or game development
- Ability to demonstrate a practical knowledge of project management methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and quality objectives within product development
- Understanding of the rules of baseball
- Requires a high degree of flexibility in approach and you must be able to balance structure/process with the needs of a creative and dynamic environment
- Been part of a team that has delivered at least one title to market
- Experience with the full development cycle from concept development to final delivery
- You’re passionate about games, you play games and you are knowledgeable about games.
- Highly motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Goal and deadline oriented
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Technically savvy with a strong general understanding of computer systems and software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Previous experience in Jira or other issue tracking software
- Comfortable with spreadsheet software
- Bonus points for previous scripting software experience
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any game developer:
- The opportunity to work on baseball games in NYC with a world class team
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex games, apps, and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
About MLB Advanced Media
New York City's largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports, news and entertainment clients through its technology subsidiary, BAMTech.
BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by MLBAM, The Walt Disney Company and the National Hockey League. Its proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals anytime, on any device. Its video platform back-end technology provides flexibility to personalize and enhance content-viewing experiences and is capable of serving live content to tens of millions of consumers around the world. BAMTech's growing roster of sports, news and entertainment clients includes HBO NOW, the NHL, MLB, the PGA TOUR, WWE Network, Riot Games/League of Legends and Ice Network. It also is designing and developing a new multi-sport direct-to-consumer product that will deliver consumers access to a variety of live global professional and collegiate sporting events, expected to launch in 2017. Through a partnership with Discovery, BAMTech also jointly formed BAMTech Europe to represent its expansion into Europe and provide technology services to a broad set of clients across the continent, including Eurosport's digital products.
Want to learn more about MLB Advanced Media? Visit MLB Advanced Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Instructional Associate - User Experience Design Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Senior Digital Product Designer
User Experience Design Immersive Lead Instructor
General Assembly, Boston, MA
Front-End Developer (Digital Design)