Marketing - Games & VR
MLB Advanced Media is seeking an experienced Marketing candidate in New York to work on our next generation console games, mobile games, VR executions and more. We're looking for an experienced brand management professional with a passion for sports, video games, and new technologies. This role will support the marketing team’s efforts across a range of MLBAM products including R.B.I. Baseball, Home Run Derby and more. You will engage with the fans and developers of official MLB video games, and interact with first party, League and MLB Advanced Media entities. This role is New York based and may require limited travel throughout the year.
- Drive brand strategy and executions for key gaming franchises in the MLB Games & VR vertical, through the development, release, and documentation of marketing campaigns, assets and events.
- Collaborate with internal development team to shape product positioning and marketing strategy - target audience, unique selling points, competitive analysis, etc.
- Manage visual asset creation in partnership with the in-house art team, freelancers, and agencies
- Advance community engagement and messaging, through key social channels and other platforms.
- Coordinate the strategy and process of in-game assets creation for use in marketing and PR including screenshots and video capture.
- Manage relationships with first parties (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Google, etc.) including concept and asset submission, third party marketing.
- Collaborate with internal social teams on social media content strategy & execution: conceptualize bold ideas, maintain and execute content calendars, determine visual needs and work with in-house artists to craft them, keep an eye on best practices from competitors, report on learnings and insights.
- Support the creation of key sales and revenue tracking reports and documentation.
- Create and maintain calendars and tracking documents for all above tasks
- Keep up to date on and maintain expertise in the latest developments gaming, professional sports, esports, tech world.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably in business or communications, MBA a plus.
- 4+ years of experience marketing and publishing games, mobile apps, and entertainment IPs.
- Excellent project management skills. Must have the ability to work on numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Editorial or copy-writing experience a major plus.
- Experience managing the creative development process from briefing to deployment.
- Proven ability to synthesize analytics, data reporting, A/B testing, and customer insights into successful marketing strategies.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Work Samples may be requested.
- Understanding of game and web development, video production, asset creation.
- Familiarity with major development platforms (Unity) a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe suite (Photoshop, Aftereffects, Premiere) a plus.
- Expert user of all social media platforms and experience with social media publishing & tracking tools.
- Action-oriented self-starter: Ability to identify/solve problems with passion, energy, a detail orientation, and enthusiasm to drive results
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- A passion for sport, video games, and new technologies.
About MLB Advanced Media
New York City's largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports, news and entertainment clients through its technology subsidiary, BAMTech.
BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by MLBAM, The Walt Disney Company and the National Hockey League. Its proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals anytime, on any device. Its video platform back-end technology provides flexibility to personalize and enhance content-viewing experiences and is capable of serving live content to tens of millions of consumers around the world. BAMTech's growing roster of sports, news and entertainment clients includes HBO NOW, the NHL, MLB, the PGA TOUR, WWE Network, Riot Games/League of Legends and Ice Network. It also is designing and developing a new multi-sport direct-to-consumer product that will deliver consumers access to a variety of live global professional and collegiate sporting events, expected to launch in 2017. Through a partnership with Discovery, BAMTech also jointly formed BAMTech Europe to represent its expansion into Europe and provide technology services to a broad set of clients across the continent, including Eurosport's digital products.
Want to learn more about MLB Advanced Media? Visit MLB Advanced Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Quality Analyst (QA)
Software Engineering Intern
Senior Software Engineer - Content Discovery and Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. iOS Developer
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Seattle
Senior Technical Program Manager
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo