Replay Operators assemble & play out ‘in game’ video for Live use in officiating, using record/playback servers & MLB’s proprietary Replay software. These are part-time positions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verification of ballpark equipment & communication systems, pre-game
- Documentation of equipment status & incoming broadcast footage
- Daily operation of Replay equipment in the Replay Operations Center
- Monitoring of multiple concurrent MLB games for possible review
- Troubleshooting of issues with Replay devices and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of baseball & MLB rules.
- The ability to identify MLB players.
- Schedule flexibility (weekends/evening availability required)
- Must be able to operate in Live production environments
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a “team” environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, multitask, and prioritize.
- Must be able to react quickly and adjust to change on the fly.
- Must be able to handle fast-paced & high-pressure situations
- Experience in live video and/or production is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Microsoft Excel.
- Looking for a candidate who can work 30 – 35 hours a week.
- Compensation is paid at an hourly rate.
About MLB Advanced Media
New York City's largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports, news and entertainment clients through its technology subsidiary, BAMTech.
BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by MLBAM, The Walt Disney Company and the National Hockey League. Its proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals anytime, on any device. Its video platform back-end technology provides flexibility to personalize and enhance content-viewing experiences and is capable of serving live content to tens of millions of consumers around the world. BAMTech's growing roster of sports, news and entertainment clients includes HBO NOW, the NHL, MLB, the PGA TOUR, WWE Network, Riot Games/League of Legends and Ice Network. It also is designing and developing a new multi-sport direct-to-consumer product that will deliver consumers access to a variety of live global professional and collegiate sporting events, expected to launch in 2017. Through a partnership with Discovery, BAMTech also jointly formed BAMTech Europe to represent its expansion into Europe and provide technology services to a broad set of clients across the continent, including Eurosport's digital products.