MLB Advanced Media is looking to immediately fill a Unity Technical Artist position.
As the main link between Art and Engineering, you are responsible for making Art Direction possible in technical terms. You understand the limits, know how to push these, and work to make visually complex ideas a reality. You know what the best examples of gaming look like today and have a plan to improve on these.
- Define Art pipeline and develop efficient workflows for the Art team
- Research and create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Help improve and refine shader, texture, and lighting quality
- Identify and fix pipeline issues
- Mentor and support the Art team
- Assist with problem-solving of daily production issues
- 3+ years experience in the video game industry on Console or Mobile AAA
- Experience working with Unity, or significant experience with other AAA engines
- Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Expert knowledge of current gen 3d software
- Scripting experience in MEL, Python or similar
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop scripting techniques
- Shader authoring skills (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX)
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance, ShaderForge or similar
Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic and technical skills required
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of artists, designers and engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
About MLB Advanced Media
New York City's largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports, news and entertainment clients through its technology subsidiary, BAMTech.
BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by MLBAM, The Walt Disney Company and the National Hockey League. Its proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals anytime, on any device. Its video platform back-end technology provides flexibility to personalize and enhance content-viewing experiences and is capable of serving live content to tens of millions of consumers around the world. BAMTech's growing roster of sports, news and entertainment clients includes HBO NOW, the NHL, MLB, the PGA TOUR, WWE Network, Riot Games/League of Legends and Ice Network. It also is designing and developing a new multi-sport direct-to-consumer product that will deliver consumers access to a variety of live global professional and collegiate sporting events, expected to launch in 2017. Through a partnership with Discovery, BAMTech also jointly formed BAMTech Europe to represent its expansion into Europe and provide technology services to a broad set of clients across the continent, including Eurosport's digital products.
Want to learn more about MLB Advanced Media? Visit MLB Advanced Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead QA Analyst
Senior Data Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US
Senior Software Engineer - TDD, Agile, CI/CD, Multiple Languages
Data Scientist (Risk)
Postmates, San Francisco, CA
Senior Engineer/Prototyper – Early Product Development
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada)
Team Lead - Backend Engineering
Moat, New York