Head of Technical Operations
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered company with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a head of technical operations to own the administration of our AWS environment, which contains thousands of servers and processes several petabytes of measurement data per month. Responsibilities include:
- Improving AWS architecture to ensure proper isolation and separation of systems and environments
- Monitoring AWS spend. Finding opportunities for cost savings and working with the development teams to realize them
- Owning AWS security. Hardening and streamlining authentication and authorization mechanisms and implementing appropriate monitoring and logging to ensure system security
- Improving and maintaining processes for giving engineers access to sensitive systems
- Administering shared services like Github and Jira
- Implementing patch management and vulnerability scanning processes
- Working with development teams to ensure proper disaster recovery plans are in place
- Collaborating with development teams on best practices for service deployment, cluster management, and maintenance
- Hiring and managing a team to ensure ongoing achievement of these goals
- 6+ years hands-on engineering or systems administration experience
- Mastery of Linux OS administration practices and tools
- Strong programmer--advanced proficiency in Python and Bash
- Deep understanding of AWS and cloud architecture best practices. Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with containers, networking, software deployment, and system monitoring
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Desire to teach and mentor others
- Strong communication and project management skills
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lucid, ALL Locations or Remote
Infrastructure Services Software Engineer
Acquia, Boston, MA
Front End Engineer
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Product/Full Stack Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Billing Platform
Twilio, San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Deliveroo, New York