Head of Technical Operations
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered company with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a head of technical operations to own the administration of our AWS environment, which contains thousands of servers and processes several petabytes of measurement data per month. Responsibilities include:
- Improving AWS architecture to ensure proper isolation and separation of systems and environments
- Monitoring AWS spend. Finding opportunities for cost savings and working with the development teams to realize them
- Owning AWS security. Hardening and streamlining authentication and authorization mechanisms and implementing appropriate monitoring and logging to ensure system security
- Improving and maintaining processes for giving engineers access to sensitive systems
- Administering shared services like Github and Jira
- Implementing patch management and vulnerability scanning processes
- Working with development teams to ensure proper disaster recovery plans are in place
- Collaborating with development teams on best practices for service deployment, cluster management, and maintenance
- Hiring and managing a team to ensure ongoing achievement of these goals
- 6+ years hands-on engineering or systems administration experience
- Mastery of Linux OS administration practices and tools
- Strong programmer--advanced proficiency in Python and Bash
- Deep understanding of AWS and cloud architecture best practices. Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with containers, networking, software deployment, and system monitoring
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Desire to teach and mentor others
- Strong communication and project management skills
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Support Engineer
Kobalt Music Group, New York
Software Engineer - Localization and Mapping
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Software Quality Analyst (QA)
Customer Education Specialist
Box, Redwood City, CA
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
Director of Software Engineering - Marketing & Ad Technology
SendGrid, Redwood City