Team Lead - Backend Engineering
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a backend team lead for Moat Pro, our competitive intelligence product. You will own and improve the crawling infrastructure and data processing pipeline that powers the product.
- Improve and develop new methodologies for analyzing the structure and content of the web.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to develop new techniques to extract insights from our data.
- Develop data processing pipelines that enrich, weight, and aggregate our data and make it available to clients.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and manage the product roadmap.
- Mentor and grow a diverse team of engineers.
- 4+ years engineering experience
- Track record of owning large projects end-to-end
- Ability to design, implement, and monitor a production system
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and cloud application architecture
- Familiarity with data storage and access paradigms, including relational databases, key-value stores, and distributed queues.
- Great instincts for critically analyzing data
- Familiarity with distributed processing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.) is a plus but not required.
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Computer Vision
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Senior DevOps Platform Architect
Pivotal Software, Irvine, CA
Technical Program Manager
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Quality Control Associate - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr. Frontend Engineer, Security
Box, Redwood City, CA