Team Lead - Backend Engineering
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a backend team lead for Moat Pro, our competitive intelligence product. You will own and improve the crawling infrastructure and data processing pipeline that powers the product.
- Improve and develop new methodologies for analyzing the structure and content of the web.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to develop new techniques to extract insights from our data.
- Develop data processing pipelines that enrich, weight, and aggregate our data and make it available to clients.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and manage the product roadmap.
- Mentor and grow a diverse team of engineers.
- 4+ years engineering experience
- Track record of owning large projects end-to-end
- Ability to design, implement, and monitor a production system
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and cloud application architecture
- Familiarity with data storage and access paradigms, including relational databases, key-value stores, and distributed queues.
- Great instincts for critically analyzing data
- Familiarity with distributed processing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.) is a plus but not required.
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Back End Engineer
ValiMail, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Inxeption, San Francisco, CA
Magento Developer (short term contract)
Yoyo Wallet, London
Senior iOS Product Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Product Support Services Engineer
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California