Backend Engineer, Fraud Detection
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
- Research, invent, and implement new ad telemetry methods that are robust to reverse engineering
- Design experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions to support business decisions and guide your own work
- Build predictive models for fraud detection, bot detection, and many other problems
- Write robust, distributed applications to perform streaming classification on billions of datapoints per day
- Identify and investigate suspicious websites and impression data to predict, infer, and outmaneuver the activity of people committing and disguising online ad fraud
- Bachelor's, Masters or PhD in related field
- 2+ years experience with data-intensive backend programming
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: data science and analysis, distributed data processing, bot detection, browser fingerprinting
- You have sound knowledge of statistics fundamentals
- You understand experimental design, and can build systems that support the measurement and interpretation of their own behavior
- You have strong Bash and Linux systems skills
- You are curious, and willing to accomplish things that nobody can tell you exactly how to do
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
Yext, Berlin, Germany
Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack - Advanced Automation
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Junior Software Engineer, Backend
Mercari, Palo Alto, CA
Principal IT Compliance Architect
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Capacity Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Manufacturing Engineer - Vietnam
Specialized, Dong Nai, Vietnam