Backend Engineer, Fraud Detection
Moat, New York
Measuring real-time Attention Analytics over 19 billion times per day
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
- Research, invent, and implement new ad telemetry methods that are robust to reverse engineering
- Design experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions to support business decisions and guide your own work
- Build predictive models for fraud detection, bot detection, and many other problems
- Write robust, distributed applications to perform streaming classification on billions of datapoints per day
- Identify and investigate suspicious websites and impression data to predict, infer, and outmaneuver the activity of people committing and disguising online ad fraud
- Bachelor's, Masters or PhD in related field
- 2+ years experience with data-intensive backend programming
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: data science and analysis, distributed data processing, bot detection, browser fingerprinting
- You have sound knowledge of statistics fundamentals
- You understand experimental design, and can build systems that support the measurement and interpretation of their own behavior
- You have strong Bash and Linux systems skills
- You are curious, and willing to accomplish things that nobody can tell you exactly how to do
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising through their two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro.
Want to learn more about Moat? Visit Moat's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Engineering Manager - Ad Tech
Foursquare, New York
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Israel
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Web Security Intern
Mozilla, London, England
Sr. Full Stack Web Engineer
White Ops, New York City
Systems Software Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, HQ