Software Engineer - Client/Unity (Card Games)
MobilityWare, Where Culture Is King
Want to impact lots of people? Then welcome to MobilityWare - we make casual, evergreen games that Bring Joy to Others. And by others, we mean millions of players, every day. We have amazing people, great benefits, and a healthy, sustainable culture with a no-crunch attitude. We’ve earned ‘Best Place To Work’ in Orange County, for multiple years (’15, ’16,’17, and ‘18). Plus, we make the 2nd most played iOS game in the world.
Want to know more about MobilityWare? Our mission is: “Bringing Joy to Others, One Game at a Time.” Along with that mission comes a deep belief that the strongest companies should always push themselves to grow. Every one of us makes that happen by living our core values:
- Be Empowered
- Be Adaptable
- Do the Right Thing
- Own It
- Be Passionate
- Stay Hungry (for lifelong learning)
You’ll be an awesome engineer who’s looking to join an amazing team. You will work on a suite of mobile games, in a dynamic, thriving environment that sits at the heart of MobilityWare. This means new features, ongoing support, and entirely new games, all in Unity. It means sixteen live titles, with more every year. It means agile development in support of 10's of millions of customers, with a no-crunch attitude.
- Be a client engineer that helps ship successful games
- Design, maintain, and build games in Unity C#
- Triage bugs, integrate SDK’s, and develop reliable code
- Develop tools, utilities, and pipelines for our designers, production staff, and artists
- Communicate timelines, own tasks, and participate in Scrums
- Relate to our mottos: “Speed, Not Haste” and “Agile Reliability”
- B.S. in a relevant field (or comparable studio experience)
- Strong Unity C# experience, with an emphasis on 2D, UI, and/or Game Logic
- 1-5 years in game development with proven past performance
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills
- Emphasis on reliable, maintainable code
- A growth mindset that embraces continuous learning (i.e. Kaizen)
- Excited about evergreen games that impact millions of players
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love to take you on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
WHO WE ARE Hi there, nice to meet you! We are MobilityWare! Our mission is simple: we focus on creating fun and engaging experiences that unleash the gamer in everyone. We have an awesome culture of innovation, collaboration, and fun. Located in Irvine, California, we have won "Orange County's Best Places to Work" by both the OC Business Journal and OC Register for the past 2 years in a row. Our top-ranked free-to-play casual card games, such as Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Blackjack, FreeCell, and TriPeaks Solitaire, are consistently ranked at the top of their category on the iOS™, Android™ and Amazon™ mobile platforms. While we have been around since the dawn of the App Store, we are continuing to expand our successful portfolio with new games that delight our players. HOW IT ALL BEGAN Once upon a time, 25 years ago to be exact, Dave Yonamine and John Libby founded Upstanding, a communication software company that integrated mainframe computer systems. While the software was highly successful, innovation was in the company’s DNA and they knew they could pivot to the next frontier. So when the App Store launched in July 2008 MobilityWare had a slew of games ready to go on Day One, including Blackjack and you guessed it, Solitaire! The rest is history!
Want to learn more about MobilityWare? Visit MobilityWare's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one